Audio-Technica U851A UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Accepts optional elements.
Offering outstanding Audio-Technica sound for surface-mount applications, the U851A UniPoint Boundary Microphone features a PivotPoint rotating output connector, UniSteep filter and UniGuard RFI-shielding technology. This battery or phantom powered condenser microphone accepts interchangeable condenser elements--available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. Its heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone. With superior off-axis rejection and maximum gain-before-feedback, this professional flat microphone sets audio-quality standards in challenging acoustic environments.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rearor the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on battery or phantom power
U851A UniPoint Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional in hemisphere above mounting surface
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom —39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa; Battery —40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom 200 ohms; Battery 270
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; Battery 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (Typical): Phantom 111 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL; Battery 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Optional Interchangeable Elements: UE-H hypercardioid (100°); UE-O omnidirectional (360°)
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3