Audio-Technica AT897 Line + Gradient Shotgun Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Short enough for even compact digital cameras.
Audio-Technica's AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
Requires phantom power.
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
Excellent for remote recording applications. Order today.
AT897 Line + Gradient Shotgun Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar pattern: Line + Gradient
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity
- Phantom: —40 dB (6.3 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Battery: —41 dB (5.6 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Phantom: 200 ohms
- Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum input sound level:
- Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic range (typical):
- Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 77 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1 Pa;
- Phantom power requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Weight: 5.1 oz. (145 g)
- Dimensions: 10.98" (279 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameter
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8134 windscreen; battery; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica case style: SG2