Audio-Technica AT4053B Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
A versatile mic suitable for critical recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement.
The Audio-Technica AT4053B is a hypercardioid condenser microphone that you can use with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the AT4053B mic is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. And its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments.
The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant-free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS). The Audio-Technica AT4053B consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4053b-EL hypercardioid head capsule.
The excellent rear rejection of the AT5053B's hypercardioid pattern makes it great for live sound instrument recording, where additional rear-rejection is required.
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliantâfree from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
Get a mic suitable for all sessions today!
AT4053B Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 16 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 127 g (4.5 oz)
- Dimensions: 155.0 mm (6.10") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Optional Interchangeable Elements (sold separately):
- AT4049b-EL (Omnidirectional);
- AT4051b-EL (Cardioid)
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica Case Style: S1
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Field Recording
- Film/Video Production
Comments about Audio-Technica AT4053B Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone:
I use the 4053b indoors when shooting a talking head. The pattern adds a bit more presence and reduces the spill from a live room. It's a better choice compared to a line gradient mic. The roll off helps to reduce the rumbles from the exterior and machinery. It's a keeper for me.