Audio-Technica AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A desert-island all-purpose mic that can give you silky vocals or screaming guitars.
Meet the Audio-Technica AT4050, a multi-pattern studio condenser microphone that captures every nuance. With 3 switchable polar patterns, the large-diaphragm Audio-Technica AT4050 exhibits a remarkable combination of qualities: high-SPL capability with transparent and airy uppers/mids complemented by rich low-end qualities. Its dual large diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged for consistent, outstanding performance. A precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic element baffle provides rock-solid element stability and exceptional sensitivity.
The AT4050 is an ideal microphone for studio use and live sound productions with vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more.
•Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality
•Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
•The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a 5-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
•Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
•Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
•State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
Requires phantom power.
- Dual large gold diaphram capsule
- 3 switchable polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80Hz hi-pass filter and 10dB pad
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
An exceptional value and a great studio tool. Order your AT4050 today.
AT4050 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Element: exterally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar pattern: cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-of-eight
- Frequency response: 80-18,000Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: -36dB (15.8 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 149dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D., 159dB SPL, with 10dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic range (typical): 132 333dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 77dB, 1kHz at 1Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 4.2 ma typical
- Switches: polar selection; flat, roll-off; 10dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 18.0 oz. (510 g)
- Dimensions: 7.40" (188.0 mm) long, 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output connectors: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories furnished: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica case style: R1