A do-it-all condenser for the home studio.
The Perception 120 is a general-purpose condenser microphone. Its 2/3" cardioid capsule delivers beautifully balanced response with excellent transients. It features AKG's design and logo style, True Condenser capsule technology, switchable 20 dB pre attenuation, and switchable bass-cut filter. The condenser is housed in a rugged die-cast chassis and dent-resistant stainless steel grille screen.
In 2005, AKG launched Perception microphones models 100 and 200 and it marked the beginning of a big success story. With Perception, AKG created a new series of microphones with legendary AKG sound and quality at an outstanding price/performance level. AKG's Perception mics are among the best wired condenser microphones at their price point.
Requires phantom power.
- General-purpose condenser microphone
- 2/3-Inch cardioid capsule delivers beautifully-balanced response with excellent transients
- Switchable 20 dB preattenuation - usable in sound fields as high as 155 dB
- Switchable bass cut filter eliminates noise and boominess
- Rugged die-cast housing and dent-resistant stainless steel grille screen
- AKG's New Design and logo style
- True Condenser capsule technology
- Gold-plated 3-pin XLR-type outputs
Home studio price, pro studio performance, with a lot of versatility. Order today
Perception 120 Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Capsule: .667-inch true condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 18 mV/Pa
- Preattenuation pad: 0dB , -20dB
- Bass-cut filter: 12 dB/octave at 300 Hz
- Max. SPL for 0.5% THD: 135dB / 155dB (0 / -20 dB)
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1,000 ohms
- Powering: 48 V phantom power
- Current consumption: < 2 mA
- Output connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR-type
- Finish: Metallic blue
- Dimensions: 2.1" W x 6.3" L (53 x 160mm)
- Net / Shipping Weight: 525 g (18.5oz) / 955g (33.7 oz)
- Standard accessories: Metal screw-on stand adapter