AKG C 414 XLS/ST Stereo Microphone Set
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Perfectly matched condenser mics for more authentic stereo recordings.
The reason AKG created the C 414 XLS/ST Stereo Set is because realistic stereo recordings require microphones with outstanding performance and excellent quality. Audio pros require performance consistency and accurate localization from the pair of microphones. Therefore, every factory-matched pair in the AKG C 414 XLS/ST Stereo Microphone Set has been created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method. The result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical microphone sensitivity for stunning, 3-dimensional recordings.
Each matched pair consists of 2 microphones that are within 1dB of each other in sensitivity and also within 1dB of each other in the 300Hz to 8,000Hz range of of the individual frequency response when used in cardioid mode. The microphones are selected from a large quantity of individual mics using a proprietary computer program.
Using this matched microphone pair for stereo recordings in various techniques will provide a good and stable balance without frequency-dependent shifting of the stereo panorama.
The AKG C 414 XLS/ST Stereo Set includes an H-50 stereo bar, 2 H-85 universal shock mounts, 2 SA 60 stand adapters, 2 W 414 windscreens, and a Soundtool hardshell road case to safely carry all of it between uses.
- Absolutely perfectly matched stereo pair thanks to AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Selected from thousands of individual microphones
- Designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria
- Professional studio recording
- Professional stage miking
- Ensemble recording
- Drum overhead miking
- Classic music recording
- Choir miking
- H-50 stereo bar
- 2 H-85 universal shock mounts
- 2 SA 60 stand adapters
- 2 W 414 windscreens
C 414 XLS/ST Stereo Microphone Set Specifications:
- Each mic
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight, and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range: 20 to 20, 000Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34dB V) ±0.5dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158dB (0/-6/-12/-18dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level: 6dB -A (0dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: 88dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0dB, -6dB , -12dB , -18dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12dB /octave at 40Hz and 80Hz; 6dB /octave at 160Hz
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50mm x 38mm x 160mm (2.0" x 1.5" x 6.3")
- Net weight: 300g (10.6 oz.)