Malletech 5.0 Imperial Grand Marimba
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The choice of leading marimba soloists throughout the world.
This top-level marimba is the instrument of choice for many of the world's finest marimba players. It features triple-harmonic tuned rosewood bars whose overtone series achieves a level of excellence in intonation that will delight and amaze the discriminating player. Within the overtone series, there is no clouding of the fundamental tone, and only desirable harmonics are audible.
Its construction is as impressive as its sound, with solid oak end boards, 1/4" solid brass bracing, and brass hinges, bar posts and fasteners. The keyboard bars are fashioned from select Honduran rosewood, air-dried for at leastf 5 years, then kiln-dried. It comes in a honey oak stain and is available with or without height adjustment.
- Phenomenal sound
- Five octaves
- Built-like-a-tank construction
Order soon and supply your orchestra, venue or studio with the only vibraphone you'll ever need.
5.0 Imperial Grand Marimba Specifications:
- Bars - Graduated from 1-5/8" wide x 3/4" thick to 3-1/2" wide x 1" thick
- Range - 5 octaves, 61 notes, C-C
- Pitch - A=442 standard, other tuning options available
- Height - 34-5/8" to top of naturals, 36" overall
- Width - 41" low end, 16" high end
- Length - 107"
- Weight - approximately 366 pounds
- Triple-harmonic tuned rosewood bars
- Ultra-wide bass bars for maximum volume
- Oversized round tubular resonators in low range provide:
- - maximum sustain and sweetness of tone
- - increased volume and projection
- - improved focus of tone
- - emphasis on fundamental pitch
- - amplification of desired harmonics only
- Patented tunable plugs in every resonator allow performer to:
- - adjust ring time and volume
- - compensate for temperature and humidity changes
- - sound great in any environment
- - personalize the sound of the marimba
- Solid brass fittings, hinges and braces
- Exclusive invisible rubber "uni-brackets"
- - virtually eliminate frame noise
- - isolate the bar rails and resonators from the frame to reduce vibration
- Six-part resonator system for easy handling and set-up
- - assembled with solid brass lock nuts
- Solid brass V-braces
- - support resonators along entire length
- - prevent sagging resonators
- Super-node drilling for bar cord
- - increases ring time
- - reduces bar bounce
- Silent custom 100% cotton bar cord with quick-adjust tension clutch