Softube Valley People Dyna-Mite Compressor Plug-in Software DownloadProduct #430851 Softube 430851 YUDB Compressors & Limiters Software https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
A totally tubular multipurpose compressor plug-in crafted after, like, an 80s rack unit.
The Valley People Dyna-mite compressor plug-in is a jack-of-all-trades limiter/expander with unique characteristics that will help inspire new sounds and assist in audio composition. With it you can squash drums, get a snappy bassline, enhance track dynamics, duck, gate, key, or de-ess.
The Valley People Dyna-mite was designed in the 80s and has become a secret weapon for many engineers. For others, it's still a hidden treasure just waiting to be discovered. The Softube compressor features a limit mode, an expander mode, a gate mode, a de-esser mode, and, on top of that, two sidechain modes that let you duck or follow a track. All of these options breathe of the Softube Dyna-mite plug-in's very special vibe and flavor.
Nowadays, the Dyna-mite compressor plug-in has a reputation not only as a problem solver but also as a creative tool that can really influence your sound in a one-of-a-kind way. It stands out from other similar software solutions thanks to a tech-driven innovative design which has resulted in several creations, like the Valley People-proprietary VCA and the Anticipatory Release Computation, both of which play a big part in the sound of the Softube Dyna-mite plug-in.
The Softube Valley People Dyna-mite plug-in is the first and only software recreation of the Dyna-mite that is officially endorsed by Valley People.
Threshold with Automatic Make-Up Gain
Dyna-Mite gives you classic threshold control. It determines the signal level above which limiting, or below which expanding action begins.
Release with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC)
The program dependent Release control changes its behavior depending on the material in order to prevent pumping. Valley People called it "Anticipatory Release Computation", or just ARC for short. Whatever name it has, it's definitely a big part of the famous Dyna-mite sound.
The plug-in's Range control limits the maximum gain reduction. You can use it in expanding mode to set the lower limit of the gate (for example, never gate more than 20dB), or in limiting mode to allow the strongest transients to slip through.
As always, a faithfully modeled output stage. The clipping of the output stage is also a big part of the Dyna-mite sound, and crucial when you need to control your signal levels. The slower detector mode (AVG) takes care of the overall limiting, while the output clipping handles the transients.
Both internal and external sidechain is supported. The middle mode (DS-FM) inserts a high-frequency boost to the detector which makes it perfect for de-essing or limiting troublesome cymbals. In expanding mode, it helps to trigger the gate for high-frequency signals (which is useful if you want to do hard gating on a drum bus, but don't want the gate to close on the hi-hats).
This lets you switch between expanding (EXP), limiting (LIM), and bypass (OUT) modes. Output gain and saturation is active in bypass mode.
Three different detector types give the Softube Dyna-mite plug-in three distinctive sounds. Choose between an aggressive Gate mode, a fast all-round Peak mode, or the slower AVG mode.
In addition to the original controls, Softube added an interactive display which shows the current modes and settings.
- Faithful replica of the Valley People Dyna-mite, a multi-dynamics audio processing plug-in capable of limiting/ compressing, expanding, gating, keying, ducking, de-essing, etc
- Limiting: Peak and average limiting, incl. negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for De-Essing purposes)
- Expanding: Hard or soft with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering
- Ducking or Keying modes with external sidechain (where available).
- Threshold knob with auto make-up gain
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 sec/20dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping
- Output volume with accurately modeled output distortion and clip LED
- Innovative Range knob that controls maximum amount of expansion or limiting
If you want a fer sure solution to your limiting/expanding needs, order the Dyna-Mite!
Valley People Dyna-Mite Compressor Plug-in Software Download Specifications:
- System Requirements
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher), Windows XP or higher
- Mac: Intel or PowerPC processor (G4 or higher), Windows: PIII or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- Any VST, AudioUnits, or RTAS compatible host application
- iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers
- Known Issues
- Side-chaining is problematic on some VST hosts