Softube FET Compressor Plug-in - TDM
Compressors & Limiters Software
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An amazingly accurate emulation of the most famous solid-state compressor design.
When creating FET Compressor Plug-in, Softube set out to make the most accurate emulation of the most famous solid-state compressor. Instead of modeling individual features and putting them together digitally Softube has modeled the unit in its entirety: input and output stages, gain reduction feedback loops, bias differences of different transistors, etc.
Many "modeled" compressors are nothing more than futile attempts to get an off-the-shelf algorithm to match its hardware counterpart by tweaking a few parameters like the knee and attack/release times. But anyone who has worked with hardware compressors knows that there must be more to it. And there is.
The heritage of analog compressors very much showcases the history of electronics in the previous century. It's the deficiencies of the different designs and components that give each unit its unique character, and what started out as technical limitations have now become sought-after sounds. Simply approximating the most apparent features is not enough to capture this uniqueness. It takes a model of great complexity and accuracy to make a digital replica sound like the original with all settings and inputs.
Unlike its hardware predecessor, the FET Compressor has a fully variable ratio. But if you prefer the old standard way (with fixed ratios), just click the labels and you're ready to go. And yeah, Softube didn't forget the "All Buttons In" mode.
Work with parallel compression from within the plug-in. And since the "Dry" signal also spent some time inside the algos, it's of course influenced by all that analog modeling mojo - like the subtle distortion from the input and output stages.
Super Fast Attack
Faster than you can think of. Even faster than a single sample. And if that's not fast enough, use the look-ahead to make it super duper fast.
• Attack: 20 microsecs - 0.8 ms
• Release: 50 ms - about a second
In addition to its hardware counterpart, Softube added a couple of certainly useful features:
• External Side Chain support.
• Low and High cut filters for the detector.
• Detector lookahead
If you don't want extra features, just leave them in their off position.
Two modeled (and beautifully rendered) VU meters dance with the music, and a stereo peak meter lets you control the output signal.
NOTE: This software requires a Pace iLok USB key ("dongle") which can hold over 500 cross-platform software authorizations — all manageable via iLok's website. You can authorize software programs, plug-ins, features, and modules — even those published by multiple developers — without the burden of multiple keys. iLok also allows you to easily transfer authorizations from one computer to another without violating a software publisher's license agreement. Purchased separately; see product number 241800.
- Modeled analog compressor, input and output stages.
- Modeled "All buttons in" mode
- Continuous ratio (even between 20:1 and ALL.)
- Super fast attack time (just like the original)
- Sweet input and output stage distortion.
- Parallel compression.
- Detector low and high cut filters
- External side chain
- Stereo with synchronized gain reduction
- Very CPU friendly
Add the processing of an FET compressor at a great price!
FET Compressor Plug-in - TDM Specifications:
- System Requirements
- Pro Tools " HD Accel with Pro Tools 7.0 or higher
- System must meet requirements for Pro Tools HD from Digidesign
- Mac OS X (10.4 or higher) or Windows XP (or higher)
- iLok USB key and the latest Pace Interlok drivers
- TDM CPU Consumption
- CPU consumption on Core and Accel processors for one stereo instance of FET Compressor. The percentages includes TDM/MuSh overhead and "first instance running" overhead, so the actual CPU consumption is actually lower than these figures.