Blue Cat Audio MB-5 Dynamix Multiband Processor
Blue Cat Audio
Compressors & Limiters Software
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Multiband dynamics processing revisited.
Blue Cat's MB-5 Dynamix is an extremely powerful all-in-one multiband dynamics processor: it can be used as a multiband compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all combined at once, on any part of the spectrum. The unique dynamics processing section of the Blue Cat's Dynamics plug-in has been streamlined and integrated in this plug-in to process each one of the 5 bands separately.
The plug-in provides unique envelope detection capabilities that let one band trigger the dynamics response on others (internal side-chain). Combined with the advanced stereo features including mid/side processing and independent channels activation, it gives you full control over the dynamics of the signal for a wide range of effects.
An additional brick wall limiter/clipper protects the output for complete control over the dynamics response.
The plug-in provides comprehensive visual feedback to let you know what's exactly going on at every step of the dynamics processor: for each channel, monitor the spectrum, the in/out levels, dynamics response, compression ratio and in/out level of each band...
The user interface has been designed to streamline the workflow, and despite the wide range of functionalities offered by the plug-in, it is extremely easy to use. Inter-bands controls (copy/paste, link...) lets you create complex treatments with a few clicks.
- Full featured multiband dynamics processor: compressor, gate, limiter, expander, waveshaper
- Up to 5 bands, with crossover filters from 6 to 60 dB/Oct for optimal separation
- Unique envelope routing capability for cross-band dynamics effects
- Dry/wet control for parallel processing
- Stereo or mid-side processing with multiple channels linking options
- Post brickwall limiter or waveshaper
- Complete Visual feedback with real time response curves and levels display
- Easy copy/paste settings between bands
- Side chaining made easy: a unique way to perform multi-band side chain compression, ducking, gating and much more
- Plug-in window transparency management
Command control of every frequency with the MB-5 from Blue Cat Audio.
MB-5 Dynamix Multiband Processor Specifications:
- System Requirements
- An OpenGL-compatible graphics card for the 3D View.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or later).
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- Mac OS X
- An Intel or PowerPC processor.
- Mac OS X Mavericks(10.9), Moutain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.
- Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-RTAS, Mac-VST, Win-AAX, Win-DX, Win-RTAS, Win-VST, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-DX, Win x64-VST.
- Native DSP code for optimal performance.
- Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
- Skinnable and customizable user interface with transparency management.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
- Import/Export presets in a host independent format.
- Any sample rate supported.