Roland SD-2u SD Recorder
CD & DVD Recorders
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Your mobile companion for recording, producing, practice, and education.
With high-quality SD recording and a host of great features for music practice and study, the SD-2u Recorder is a powerful tool for educators, students, and hobbyists. A built-in stereo mic lets you capture audio anywhere, while versatile audio input options allow you to connect your own external mics, electronic musical instruments, and other devices with pro-level results. Also onboard are many training essentials, including high-fidelity key and speed adjustment, improved Center Cancel for creating minus-one tracks, and the all-new Center Focus for isolating vocals and instruments. Compact and ready to travel, the SD-2u is the ideal all-in-one solution for audio recording, learning music and languages, and much more.
With its portable size and ability to run on battery power, the SD-2u is ready to travel anywhere, giving you high-quality recording and editing in one standalone unit. The built-in stereo mic makes audio capture easy, while high-performance stereo speakers provide convenient sound playback of your recordings, WAV music files, lesson material, and more.
QUALITY RECORDING, INTUITIVE OPERATION
The SD-2u records CD-quality audio direct to widely available SD/SDHC memory cards. It's also super-simple for anyone to operate thanks to the Easy Guide feature, which provides clear onscreen instructions that guide you through various operations. Easy Guide covers recording and overdubbing functions, creating minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke, setting proper input levels, and more. You can even choose among six different languages for the display: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Japanese.
CONNECT EXTERNAL MICS AND OTHER DEVICES
While it's designed for pro results as a standalone unit, the SD-2u also provides connections for integrating external devices to suit various applications. Two XLR/TRS combo jacks allow you to connect your own mics (with phantom power available if needed), including a stereo field-recording mic such as the CS-15RS. There's also a stereo mini-mic jack with Plug In Power, plus stereo RCA LINE IN jacks for connecting an instrument, music player, or another audio source.
ESSENTIAL TRAINING TOOLS
The SD-2u is equipped with powerful features for manipulating audio playback, providing useful tools for building music skills, learning languages, transcribing spoken-word audio, and more. You can independently adjust the speed and key with exceptional audio quality, perfect for slowing down passages to learn difficult parts or changing the key of music to suit your voice. Use A-B Repeat to play audio sections over and over, and turn on Center Cancel to create minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke fun. There's also a newly developed Center Focus feature, which isolates center-located sounds in music tracks to make them easier to hear and learn.
CARRYING CASE AND MORE
The optional CB-CD2E Carrying Case gives you durable protection while transporting the SD-2u, plus handy storage pockets for accessories like batteries, extra SD cards, the AC adaptor, and the remote control. If you're looking for similar features in a device that can also play and burn CDs, check out the SD-2u's cousin, the CD-2u SD/CD Recorder.
- Easy SD recording and playback in a convenient, all-in-one mobile device
- High-quality stereo microphones and speaker system built in
- Simple interface with Easy Guide function
- Multiple inputs for connecting external devices—two XLR/TRS combo jacks with phantom power; Plug In Power mic jack; stereo RCA LINE IN jacks
- Independent adjustment of playback speed and key, with improved audio quality over previous designs
- Enhanced Center Cancel function; new Center Focus isolates vocals and instruments for learning
- Built-in tuner and metronome
Start practicing and recording with the SD-2u today.
SD-2u SD Recorder Specifications:
- RECORDER PART
- 2 tracks (stereo)
- Sampling Frequency
- 44.1 kHz
- Signal Processing
- AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Recording Mode
- SD/SDHC Memory Card: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- Recording Media
- SD Memory Card (supports 512 MB to 2 GB) SDHC Memory Card (supports 4 GB to 16 GB)
- Recording Time (unit: min)
- SD Memory Card 512 MB: 47 1 GB: 94 2 GB: 189 SDHC Memory Card 4 GB: 377 8 GB: 755 16 GB: 1511 * Each recording time is approximate. The times may change depending on the card specifications. * In case that there are plural files, the sum of recording time would be shorter than above. * Maximum recording time of one song is 74 minutes.
- Recording Songs
- Up to 99 songs on a single SD/SDHC Memory Card
- Audio Input
- Internal Stereo Microphones EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: XLR type (balanced/phantom power DC 48 V, 8 mA Max.), 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced/unbalanced) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: Stereo miniature phone type LINE IN (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- Audio Output
- Internal Speakers: Stereo LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0 dB/-2 dB)
- Nominal Input Level (variable)
- EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: -51 to -8 dBu (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack: -51 to -13 dBu LINE IN (L, R) jacks: -24 to -4 dBu
- Nominal Output Level
- LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: -4 dBu
- Input Impedance
- EXT MIC (L, R) jacks: 8 k ohms (common to XLR type and 1/4-inch phone type) PLUG IN POWER MIC jack : 20 k ohms LINE IN (L, R) jacks: 9 k ohms
- Output Impedance
- LINE OUT (L, R) jacks: 1 k ohm PHONES jack: 32 ohms
- 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (HR6) x 6
- Current Draw
- 700 mA * Expected battery life under continuous use Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 5.5 hours Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6): Approx. 6 hours The time may vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of SD memory card used.
- Owner's Manual Quick Start Remote controller (with battery CR2025) AC adaptor Power cord SD memory card SD card protector
- Options (sold separately)
- Carrying Case: CB-CD2E Stereo Microphone: CS-15RS Stand: SS-PC1
- SIZE AND WEIGHT (EXCLUDING BATTERIES AND AC ADAPTOR)
- 278 mm
- 11 inches
- 196 mm
- 7-3/4 inches
- 55 mm
- 2-3/16 inches
- 1.1 kg
- 2 lbs. 7 oz.