- Buy New
A mastering recorder with strong playback features.
For mastering purposes, the Fostex CR500 recorder offers the world-first direct BWF recording onto UDF formatted CDs at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. The file is fully compatible with PC workstations with data transfers requiring a simple copy and paste procedure instead of realtime audio ripping. In addition, the CR500 master recorder is ideal for DAT archiving in the standard 16-bit/48kHz format.
On the playback side, the Fostex CR500 recorder offers many useful functions such as Instant Play, Fader Start, built-in memory for cue point and program play per each disk (up to 100 discs), for versatile applications such as event playback, stage playback as well as broadcast playback.
- CD-DA and BWF (stereo poly-file)* (on UDF) file format recording
- Complies to CD-DA, ISO9660 (playback only) and UDF (v1.02) disk format
- AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital I/O
- Analog XLR (+4dBu/-10dBV selectable) and unbalanced RCA I/)
- Fader Start function for broadcast use
- Instant Play for event applications
- USB port on the front panel for connecting an off-the-shelf USB keyboard for file name editing, and simple transport controlling.
- Program play up to 9 songs per disc
- 10 memory points per disc
- Internal memory for up to 100 discs, programs and memories
- Power On Play functions good for event and installation applications
- Rotary encoder for quick access to the setup menu
- Direct track selection by 10 key