Mogami WG2524 Bulk Instrument Cable Black (Sold Per Foot)
Bulk Cable and Kits
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
High-impedance transmission cable ideal for guitars.
Most musical instrument sound pickups, for example those in electric guitars, are comprised of high impedance circuits driven mainly by voltage with very little electrical current flow. That is why handling noise (microphonics) can be a problem for guitar cables. Microphonic noise is caused by the minute voltage generated when a cable is flexed, stepped on, etc. Guitar cables must be designed to prevent this, so a conductive PVC layer is placed under the shield conductor to drain away this voltage. Note: This conductive layer must be stripped back when wiring, or a partial short will result.
- DC Resistance at 20C
- Inner Conductor: 0.033?/m(0.010?/Ft)
- Shield Conductor: 0.014?/m(0.0043?/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20C: 130pF/m (39.7pF/Ft)
- Inductance: 0.2H/m (0.061H/Ft)
- Electrostatic Noise*: 0.15mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise at 10kHz*: 0.07mV Max.
- Microphonics*: 0.3mV Max
- Voltage Breakdown: Must withstand at DC 500V/15sec.
- Insulation Resistance: 100,000 M? — m Min. at DC 500V, 20C
- Flex Life: 15,000 cyles
- Tensile Strength (26C, 65%RH): 578 N
- Emigration: Non-emigrant to ABS resin
- Applicable Temperature: -20C? +60C(-4F? +140F)
- *Using standard testing methods of Mogami Wire & Cable Corp.
Don't let your sound get lost with infereior cable. If you're a DIYer...order some today!
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Mogami WG2524 Bulk Instrument Cable Black (Sold Per Foot):
This is without a doubt a great sounding cable. After researching online (and because I couldn't find my beloved Klotz AC110 anywhere), I decided to buy 50 feet of the WG2524 to assemble 3 guitar cables to use in my studio, on live gigs and with my students.
When I received the cable, I was very surprised at how thin and flimsy it was. I went ahead and tried it anyway, because it had such great reviews online (and I've been using Mogami speaker cables for a few years and have been very pleased with them). I soldered some Neutrik plugs on and gave the cables a go at band practice and at a studio session. I've been using hi-end cables for 20 years now and have never seen one that got tangled so easily and felt so light. I am definitely not happy with these cables and will do my best to avoid using them.
This cable is probably going to be great for making patch cables for a pedalboard, but I can't recommend it as your main cable going from your guitar to your pedals or to your amp. I will not buy it again.