The tone you want.
These brass mouthpieces are produced with advanced computer design and manufacturing technology for unmatched precision, smooth attack, and easy playability. Ideal weight for all-around use and available in a variety of configurations to suit every player.
Yamaha quality, great price.
Standard Series Trombone Mouthpiece (Large Shank) Specifications:
- Compare to:
- 48: Bach 6-1/2AL, Denis Wick 6BL
- 48D: Bach 6-1/2AL, rim with deeper cup
- 51: Bach 5G
- 51B: Bach 5G, with shallower cup, Schilke 51B
- 51C4: Bach 5G, with slightly shallower cup
- 51D: Bach 5G, with deeper cup
- 52: Between Bach 5G & 3G, Denis Wick 5ABL
- 53: Bach 3G, Denis Wick 4AL
- 54: Bach 3G, with bigger diameter
- 55: Bach 2G, with smaller diameter
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Yamaha Standard Series Trombone Mouthpiece (Large Shank):
When I first got my Yamaha baritone it came with the Yamaha 48 which I played on for about 5 years. I then got advice to move to a 51 since I liked the Yamaha mouthpieces; and it was a great move. The 51 offers a darker, more full sound while it naturally improves the tone. Because of the larger size it is noticeable in the lower range and improves the sound in the higher range as well. I still use my 48 to achieve my double high D's and E's while my 51 restricts me to my double high C's . I suggest the 51 for the more beginner to intermediate player. Both mouthpieces are very good quality and I have received lots of positive feedback about both especially the 51 when involving solos. Overall, I am very happy with the 48 and 51.