S.E. SHIRES Model CVP Series Bb Trumpet
(Model CVP Silver)
Professional Bb Trumpets
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Versatile, impeccable quality, beautiful.
The S.E. Shires Model CVP Bb Trumpet (C Vintage Paris) represents Shires' closest approximation yet of the pre-war classic that inspired it. Its sound is incredibly versatile”it excels in jazz and commercial playing as well as classical”and it is very easy to play. A unique version of the broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper in a slightly narrower diameter helps it to produce a wide variety of tone colors easily throughout the range of the instrument, with a beautiful, dense core. This special bell, combined with a U5 leadpipe and braced C tuning slide make the instrument's harmonics feel particularly close and fluid. Narrow bracing contributes to the instruments superlative response, cleanness, and ease of attack.
- Bore: .459 inch
- CVP Bell: 4.75 inch, one piece, hand-hammered "C" (open) taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (side) seam, French bead, and dual-radius bell bend
- U5 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass”efficient, open, and flexible
- C Tuning Slide (with brace): semi round, dual-radius bend with standard water key”flexible; responsive and malleable at low volumes, powerful and bold at high volumes.
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- 3rd-valve slide water key
A true masterwork. Order yours today.