S.E. SHIRES Model BLW Bb Trumpet BLW-SP Silver 886830924453Product #H91037 S.E. SHIRES H91037 ILBC Professional Bb Trumpets https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Warm, brilliant, broad sound suitable for all types of playing.
The S.E. Shires Model BLW trumpet features a lightweight version of the broad "B" bell that allows for even faster response and an open high register. Brilliant and nimble, it navigates technical passages with flexibility and ease. It sounds warm, round, and intimate at when played softly, but sizzles at high volumes-and projects easily to the back of any performance space. The openness of the standard W leadpipe provides a free, stable-slotting, but flexible blow; its relatively fast taper adds brilliance to the characteristic warmth of the B bell taper. Yellow-brass balusters and lightweight yellow-brass valve caps add depth and immediacy to the sound. The combination of playability and warmth unique to the BLW make it the one lightweight trumpet that appeals to lead and classical players alike.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires Co. sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Shires fabricates its bells, tubing, and valve sections onsite in its Massachusetts factory to exacting standards. The valve components are tested thoroughly for accurate tolerances and perfect action at every stage of manufacture. Shires draws its own slide tubes to precise tolerances, assembling them without tension, and aligning them carefully to assure smooth, trouble-free action that is second to none. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also insures that the sound of every S.E. Shires trombone displays incredible depth, complexity and character-giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included.
- Easy to play
Model BLW Bb Trumpet Specifications:
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .459 inch
- BLW Bell: 4 13/16", one-piece, hand-hammered, "B" (broad) taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- W leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy, immediate response
- X Tuning slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; free blowing and flexible, with great response
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower valve caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- (mouthpiece and case not included)