S.E. SHIRES Model AF Bb TrumpetProduct #H91026 S.E. SHIRES H91026 ILBC Professional Bb Trumpets https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Great all-around trumpet: big, rich, centered, clean sound.
This popular variation on the standard S.E. Shires Model A trumpet features a special, slightly squarer bell bend with a side seam and French bead. These characteristics give its sound added complexity, cushion the blow slightly, and enhance its projection and power. The W05 leadpipe, incrementally more efficient that the WH, allows the player to produce the most delicate passages with ease despite the bold bell treatment. The S.E. Shires Model AF has a versatile sound that ranges from warm glow to clarion edge, while permitting a spectrum of subtleties in between.
Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack at all dynamics. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings and styles.Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires Co. sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision.
Shires fabricates its bells, tubing, and valve sections onsite in its Massachusetts factory to exacting standards. The valve components are tested thoroughly for accurate tolerances and perfect action at every stage of manufacture. Shires draws its own slide tubes to precise tolerances, assembling them without tension, and aligning them carefully to assure smooth, trouble-free action that is second to none. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also insures that the sound of every S.E. Shires trumpet displays incredible depth, complexity and character—giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included.
All S. E. Shires trumpets feature a one-piece, hand-hammered bell with a traditionally brazed seam, hand-lapped Monel pistons, and of course the careful assembly and handcrafted methods that the S. E. Shires Company proudly embodies with its slogan: Quality without compromise.
For the very best response and projection, Shires trumpets are built in a fixed construction rather than the modular style utilized for their trombones.
- Impeccable quality
- Complex, lush timbre
- Great for soloing or lead
Order today for a horn you will keep forever.
Model AF Bb Trumpet Specifications:
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .459 inch
- AF Bell: 4 -inch, one-piece, hand-hammered, “A” (centered) taper in standard weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam, French (flat) bead, side seam, and dual-radius bell bend
- W05 Leadpipe: .345-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass; efficient, open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower valve caps: nickel silver
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- [mouthpiece and case not included]