S.E. SHIRES Model A Bb Trumpet
Professional Bb Trumpets
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Great all-around trumpet: brilliant, rich, complex sound.
The Model A has become the most popular S.E. Shires B-flat trumpet. It produces a brilliant, singing tone with marvelous projection and easy, centered response in all registers. Its centered bell taper produces a focused sound and facilitates projection. The WH leadpipe provides an ideal combination of stability and flexibility; its free-blowing character complements the centered bell taper. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires Co. sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Shires fabricates its bells, tubing, and valve sections onsite in its Massachusetts factory to exacting standards. The valve components are tested thoroughly for accurate tolerances and perfect action at every stage of manufacture. Shires draws its own slide tubes to precise tolerances, assembling them without tension, and aligning them carefully to assure smooth, trouble-free action that is second to none. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also insures that the sound of every S.E. Shires trombone displays incredible depth, complexity and character-giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included.
Order today and play what the pros play.
Model A Bb Trumpet Specifications:
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .459 inch
- Model A Bell: 4 13/16", one-piece, hand-hammered, "A" (centered) taper in standard weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- WH leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; open and free blowing with well-defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower valve caps: nickel silver
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- (mouthpiece and case not included)