Ease, fantastic intonation and feel, with a true trumpet sound.
The S.E. Shires Model 6MS8 Eb trumpet is a superlative solo and chamber instrument—brilliant, warm, and agile, its sound is powerful enough to work well in any size ensemble or hall. Owing to the combination of its centered and efficient 6MS8 bell taper and Y6H leadpipe, it plays with the ease of a small trumpet—but with the sound, intonation, and projection characteristic of the best large instruments.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Every trumpet is fabricated, assembled, and finished with meticulous care onsite in its Massachusetts factory. Valves and slides are hand lapped and carefully fitted, insuring smooth, reliable action, and a perfect fit. As a result, the instruments play with excellent intonation, easy response, great efficiency, and unparalleled consistency of sound throughout their range. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every trumpet displays incredible personality, depth, and complexity—giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included. Mouthpiece and case not included.
- Broad dynamic range
- Complex timbre
- Plays easily
Order today and the pinnacle of contemporary classical trumpets will be at your command.
Model 6MS8 Eb Trumpet Specifications:
- Key: Eb
- Bore: .459 inch
- 6MS8 Bell: 4 13/16", one-piece, hand-hammered, tunable "6" (centered) taper in medium-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and steel bead
- Y6H Leadpipe: .346-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; efficient and clear, with great center and brilliance
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower valve caps: lightweight yellow brass
- 3rd-valve slide standard water key
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- (mouthpiece and case not included)