Great for orchestral playing: ease, fantastic intonation and feel, with true trumpet sound and projection.
The S.E. Shires Model 6F Eb trumpet is a superlative chamber and orchestral instrument—brilliant, warm, and powerful, its sound projects through any ensemble or hall. Owing to the combination of its centered and efficient 6F bell taper and Y6H leadpipe, it plays with the ease of a small trumpet—but with the feel, sound, intonation, and projection characteristic of the best large instruments.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Every trumpet is fabricated, assembled, and finished with meticulous care onsite in its Massachusetts factory. Valves and slides are hand lapped and carefully fitted, insuring smooth, reliable action, and a perfect fit. As a result, the instruments play with excellent intonation, easy response, great efficiency, and unparalleled consistency of sound throughout their range. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every trumpet displays incredible personality, depth, and complexity—giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included. Mouthpiece and case not included.
- Hand assembled by true craftsmen
- Precise intonation
- Unparalleled valve action
The expected magnificence of a Shires. Order soon.
Model 6F Eb Trumpet Specifications:
- Key: Eb
- Bore: .459 inch
- 6F Bell: 4 -inch, one-piece, hand-hammered, tunable "6" (centered) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and French (flat) bead
- Y6H Leadpipe: .346-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass; efficient and clear, with great center and brilliance
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower valve caps: lightweight yellow brass
- 3rd-valve slide standard water key
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- [mouthpiece and case not included]