S.E. SHIRES Model 502 C TrumpetProduct #H91032 S.E. SHIRES H91032 ILC C Trumpets https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Favorite with soloists, chamber players, and orchestral musicians.
The S.E. Shires Model 502 trumpet was developed in collaboration with Boston‐based soloist and trumpet phenomenon Terry Everson. The most nimble standard model S.E. Shires C trumpet, its centered "5" bell taper features a light bell treatment for incredible agility and ease of playing. This is balanced by a very long, open W9HL leadpipe taper that adds darkness and warmth to the sound while facilitating clear articulations, pitch stability, and endurance. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps-combined with the W tuning slide-add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. This model has become a favorite with soloists, chamber players, and orchestral musicians alike.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Every trumpet is fabricated, assembled, and finished with meticulous care onsite in its Massachusetts factory. Valves and slides are hand lapped and carefully fitted, insuring smooth, reliable action, and a perfect fit. As a result, the instruments play with excellent intonation, easy response, great efficiency, and unparalleled consistency of sound throughout their range. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every trumpet displays incredible personality, depth, and complexity-giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included. Mouthpiece and case not included.
- Nimble and articulate
- Capable of warmth and brilliance
- A favorite of classical players
Order today and be prepared for anything.
Model 502 C Trumpet Specifications:
- Key: C
- Bore: .462 inch
- 502 Bell: 4 13/16" one-piece, hand-hammered, "5" (centered) taper in balanced standard-weight yellow brass, with traditionally brazed seam and steel bead
- W9HL Leadpipe: .349-inch venturi, standard-weight yellow brass, long; firm yet flexible slotting and easy response
- W Tuning slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key; strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower valve caps: nickel silver
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- (mouthpiece and case not included)