Superlative orchestral C trumpet.
The S.E. Shires Model 419 trumpet is the product of a design collaboration with David Bilger, Principal Trumpet of the Philadelphia Orchestra. It features a uniquely balanced, heavyweight “4” bell taper, which combines a big, powerful sound with easy response. Matched with the open W1BH leadpipe and the centered and projecting WF tuning slide, it produces an ideal balance of breadth, clarity, depth and projection. Yellow-brass balusters add warmth to the sound while nickel-silver valve caps add brilliance and character, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. The Model 419 is an incredible orchestral C trumpet.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Every trumpet is fabricated, assembled, and finished with meticulous care onsite in its Massachusetts factory. Valves and slides are hand lapped and carefully fitted, insuring smooth, reliable action, and a perfect fit. As a result, the instruments play with excellent intonation, easy response, great efficiency, and unparalleled consistency of sound throughout their range. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every trumpet displays incredible personality, depth, and complexity—giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included. Mouthpiece and case not included.
- Heavy bell
- Clear and deep
- Highly responsive
Order today and experience the design influence of a true master.
Model 419 C Trumpet Specifications:
- Key: C
- Bore: .462 inch
- 419 Bell: 4 -inch, one-piece, hand-hammered, "4" (open) taper in balanced heavyweight yellow brass, with traditionally brazed seam and brass bead
- W1BH Leadpipe: .351-inch venturi, standard-weight yellow brass; open and free-blowing, with easy response
- WF Tuning slide: dual-radius bend, flanged braces, standard water key; centered core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower valve caps: nickel silver
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
- (mouthpiece and case not included)