S.E. SHIRES Michael Davis Model Small-Bore Tenor Trombone
Professional Tenor Trombones
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The Michael Davis Trombone was developed through a close collaboration between virtuoso Michael Davis and the craftsmen of S. E. Shires. The resulting instrument is genuinely unique and includes several specific design elements not found on any other S.E. Shires trombone.
The lightweight nickel-silver handslide construction offers clean, precise articulations. The custom 7.5-inch, yellow-brass bell retains a clear, pure sound with strong fundamental, and keeps a very consistent tone color and overtone structure throughout the range of dynamics. This is combined with the ease of playing and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. Responsive and nimble, the Michael Davis model trombone is at home in any jazz or commercial setting.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires Co. sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Shires fabricates its bells, tubing, and valve sections onsite in its Massachusetts factory to exacting standards. The valve components are tested thoroughly for accurate tolerances and perfect action at every stage of manufacture. Shires draws its own slide tubes to precise tolerances, assembling them without tension, and aligning them carefully to assure smooth, trouble-free action that is second to none. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every S.E. Shires trombone displays incredible depth, complexity and character—giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included.
- Highly articulate
- Strong fundamental tone presence
- Consistent through all dynamics
Michael Davis Model Small-Bore Tenor Trombone Specifications:
- MD Bell: 7½", two-piece, hand-hammered MD custom taper in lightweight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead
- SY1.5 Tuning Slide: drawn yellow brass
- T95MD Handslide: .495-inch, lightweight nickel silver, thin slide brace, yellow-brass crook
- Michael Davis Model 1.5 leadpipe in yellow brass
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires Michael Davis Model custom engraving
- (mouthpiece and case not included)