S.E. SHIRES Custom BI 2RM Bass Trombone with Axial-Flow F/Gb Attachment
(Red Brass Bell Axial Valve)
Double Trigger Bass Trombones
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The S.E. Shires Custom BI 2RM bass trombone is a versatile instrument with a clear, pure sound and the consistency, playability, and projection that has made S.E. Shires trombones the favorites of professionals the world over. This model's bell is made of red brass, reminiscent of the great Elkhart bass trombones of the past. It produces a warm, rich sound with complex overtones, allowing for a wide range of colors at different dynamics. This coupled with a strong core and easy projection is reminiscent of the great vintage Elkhart style bass trombones. The axial-flow valves feel very broad and even-especially when both valves are engaged-and allow for a truly open low register.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires Co. sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Shires fabricates its bells, tubing, and valve sections onsite in its Massachusetts factory to exacting standards. The valve components are tested thoroughly for accurate tolerances and perfect action at every stage of manufacture. Shires draws its own slide tubes to precise tolerances, assembling them without tension, and aligning them carefully to assure smooth, trouble-free action that is second to none. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every S.E. Shires trombone displays incredible depth, complexity and character-giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included.
Ready for a pro horn? Consider this one.
Custom BI 2RM Bass Trombone with Axial-Flow F/Gb Attachment Specifications:
- BI 2RM Bell: 9Â½-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered "BI" taper in medium weight red brass with traditionally brazed seams and unsoldered bead
- Independent S.E. Shires axial-flow valves in F/Gb
- BYC Tuning Slide: "C" taper, yellow brass, drawn tubing
- B62 Handslide: .562-inch, standard-weight yellow brass, nickel-silver crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- (mouthpiece and case not included)