S.E. SHIRES Custom 7YM Tenor Trombone with Axial-Flow F Attachment
(Medium Yellow Brass Bell Axial Valve)
Professional Tenor Trombones
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The S.E. Shires Custom 7YM trombone is a versatile instrument with a clear, pure sound and the consistency, playability, and projection that has made S.E. Shires trombones the favorites of professionals the world over. The unique S.E. Shires 7YM bell combines the quick response and color of a one-piece bell with the centered feel and expansive tone of a two-piece bell. The S.E. Shires axial-flow valve combines smooth, accurate operation with a wide sound and truly open low register.
Recognized as a leader in brass instrument design and innovation, S.E. Shires Co. sets the benchmark for blending traditional craftsmanship with high-tech consistency and precision. Shires fabricates its bells, tubing, and valve sections onsite in its Massachusetts factory to exacting standards. The valve components are tested thoroughly for accurate tolerances and perfect action at every stage of manufacture. Shires draws its own slide tubes to precise tolerances, assembling them without tension, and aligning them carefully to assure smooth, trouble-free action that is second to none. This handcrafted approach to instrument construction also ensures that the sound of every S.E. Shires trombone displays incredible depth, complexity and character—giving the player an unrivalled sonic palette with which to work. S.E. Shires makes beautiful instruments, built to last for many years. Mouthpiece and case not included.
- Smooth action
- Wide open low register
- Color and clarity
Order today and your sense of welcome in the orchestra will be unprecedented.
Custom 7YM Tenor Trombone with Axial-Flow F Attachment Specifications:
- 7YM Bell: 8½-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered, “TI” taper in medium weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and soldered bead
- S.E. Shires axial-flow valve in F
- TY Tuning Slide: yellow brass, drawn tubing
- TW47 Handslide: .547-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; wide, nickel-silver crook
- Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes
- Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- (mouthpiece and case not included)