Meinl Weston 6460 Kodiak Series 6-Valve 6/4 F Tuba
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Big, expressive sound from this booming bear of an instrument.
The 6460 Kodiak Tuba —developed by the think-tank of Meinl-Weston, Gerhard A. Meinl, and Alan Baer, New York Philharmonic Orchestra tubist—is designed to be a big, free-blowing "Baer" of an instrument in the tradition of the "Baer" CC Tuba. This tuba has 6 rotary valves and and extra-large bore for grand, expressive sound, and it was checked by Alan Baer in rehearsals with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Model: 6460 Kodiak
- 6/4 size
- 6 rotary valves
- Bore: .768" (3rd-6th valves: .846")
- Right-hand thumb-activated 5th valve with long whole step
- Left-hand index finger-activated 6th valve / long halftone
- Bell diameter: 16-1/2"
Experience the loud, confident sound of the Kodiak "Bear"—order now.
6460 Kodiak Series 6-Valve 6/4 F Tuba Specifications:
- Key: F
- Size: 6/4
- Bore: .768-inch (3rd-6th valves: .846-inch)
- Bell: 16.5-inch (42cm)
- Bell Position: Upright
- Number of Valves: 6
- Valve Position: Front
- Valve Type (piston/rotor): Rotor
- Features: Right-hand thumb-activated 5th valve with long whole step, Left-hand index finger-activated 6th valve / long halftone, and Halftone trigger (left-hand/ middle-finger operated)
- Case: No
- Finish: Silver