Throaty and powerful!
The renown design and expert workmanship from Zigmant Kanstul is heralded in this new F tuba - the first production F tuba made in the United States.
Inspired by the classic J.W. York instruments of the early 20th century, this innovative design addresses all the needs from F tuba players looking for an improved instrument: outstanding intonation, even response throughout the entire range of the instrument, and a dependable low C with a natural full resonance not found on other F tubas.
The Kanstul F tuba is a new voice in the modern symphony orchestra...it bridges between the bass trombone and tuba sound to fill a void that has long existed in the low brass section. It has the ability to sound absolutely pagan - so throaty and powerful, almost savage at times!
It has a center and definition and core that makes it easy for me as principle (trombone) to find and sit on top of.
- Hand lapped Monel pistons
- Bottom sprung
- Removable valve section
- Front action
- Full bore 5th rotary valve
- Fully adjustable thumb ring and rotor paddle
- Perfect response low C
- All slides easily accessible
- Case and mouthpiece not included
- (Cronkhite gig bag sold separately)
The 1st production F tuba made in the U.S.
Model 80-S 3/4 F Side Action Concert Tuba Specifications:
- Key: F
- Bore: .689" / .710" 4th / .734" rotor
- Bell: 16" diameter special alloy
- Valves: four pistons, one rotor
- Water keys: traditional
- Finish: clear lacquer
- Weight: 20 lb.