The inline version of the innovative Model 1662.
Kanstul's Model 1662i has independent CR rotors mounted on the neckpipe that allow a myriad of alternative positions for the technically astute player. To aid neck clearance, the 1662i is offered with a wider hand slide. A standard width hand slide, which weighs slightly less, is available by request. Many commercial players prefer this inline option, as the bell branch taper starts a bit later, and the player can compress the airwave against this a bit, to manipulate the tone and dynamics with less effort. Phil Keen won the Long Beach, California symphony position on his 1662i.
- Hand-hammered one-piece .020" bronze bell
- .593" F/D section with full bore independent CR rotors
- In-slide tuning
- Nickel hand slide end crook
- Open wrap
- Three interchangeable mouthpipes - C, OL and 62
For the tehnically astute player.
1662i Series Bass Trombone Specifications:
- Key: Bb/F/GB/D
- Bore: .562" slide - .593" F/D attachment
- Bell: 9 1/2" diameter
- Mouthpipe: interchangeable
- Valves: two .593" Kanstul CR valves in-line
- Water keys: traditional
- Finish: clear lacquer (1662i-1) or silver (1662i-2)
- Mouthpiece: Kanstul 1-1/2G bass trombone
- Case: Pro Tec bass trombone case