An excellent choice for orchestral work.
The Getzen 3810 Custom Series C Cornet is the perfect choice for orchestral work. The 3810 Custom Series features a .460-inch bore plus a 4.75-inch one-piece yellow brass bell that offers unsurpassed intonation plus a responsive free-blowing design. The Getzen 3810 / 3810S Custom Series C Cornet includes a case and mouthpiece.
- Key: C
- Bore: .460-inch
- Leadpipe: Standard
- Leadpipe Material: Gold Brass
- Bell: 4-3/4-inch One-Piece Hand Hammered
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Valves: Nickel Silver Piston
- 1st Valve Slide Adjustment: Thumb Saddle
- 3rd Valve Slide Adjustment: Fixed Ring
- Features: One-Piece Hand Hammered Bell; Gold Brass Leadpipe
- Case: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Yes
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Getzen 3810 Custom Series C Cornet:
I was sitting in the first balcony hearing a Lyric Opera performance of Berlioz' Damnation of Faust. The high brass sounded great. During intermission I went down to the pit and spoke with the trumpeters. They were using the Getzen C cornet! Perfect blend with the orchestra, perfect period sound, and a solid projection with great intonation. The principal said he used the Getzen because Getzen built "a real cornet," referring to the conical tubing characteristics and what it did for them.