- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A celebration of the acoustic guitar.
While the acoustic guitar remains a cornerstone of so many musical genres, rarely has its dynamic and emotional range been explored within a single collection. On Sounds of Wood and Steel Part 3, every cut finds the instrument and the artist in a new setting. On "Litho Blitho," Dave Matthews' spiraling guitars recall Philip Glass. Robben Ford, known for his electric blues, reveals his jazz side on an atypical read of Louis Armstrong's "St. James Infirmary." Country superstar Kenny Rogers lays back on bass, allowing guitarist Randy Dorman to shine on "Night Winds." The pensive "Jesse's Song" sounds like the backing tracks to a mellow pop hit for Jars Of Clay, but the vocals are never missed. Open chords and a yawning sitar provide the background for Billy Sheehan's bass on "Bombay Doors."
- Guitarland - Freeman, Russ
- I Will Take Care Of You - O'Brian, Dillon; Leisz, Greg; Wood, Brad; Hoffs, Susanna
- Cajon Pass - Keaggy, Phil
- Ozymandias - Proctor, Chris
- Trio - Spriggs, C. Michael
- Sleep On It Tonight - Baden, T.J.; Pelonis, Chris
- Butter Fingers - Cooley, Bill with Kathy Mattea
- Three Little Miracles - Eddy, Duane; Franklin, Paul; Dykes, Doyle; Capps, Jimmy
- Chinese Checkers - Piltch, David; Poltz, Steve; Pettibone, Doug; Frankel, Danny
- Ain't Misbehavin' - Thompson, Verlon; Bogguss, Suzy
- Night Winds - Dorman, Randy; Harper, Rick
- St. James Infirmary - Ford, Robben; Earl, Jimmy
- You Just Missed Me - Mollin, Fred
- Jesse's Song - Mason, Steve; Lowell, Charlie; Odmark
- Litho Blitho - Matthews, Dave
- Cynthia's Place - Rodgers, Paul
If you enjoyed Parts 1 and 2, you'll love Part 3. Click or call today to place your order!