Guy's Publishing Guy's Grids: More Than a ChordbookSku #H89578000000000 Guy's Publishing H89578 JOYED General Guitar Instruction Books https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Guy's Grids is a comprehensive presentation of guitar chord forms in a new and highly useful grid format.
More Than a Chordbook, Guy's Grids is an instructional collection of over 2,000 open chord forms and over 700 moveable chord forms. The oversized book is divided into four major tabbed sections: Open Chord Grids, Moveable Chord Grids, Open Chord Index, and Moveable Chord Index. The gridded, universal column and row format is designed in a logical manner to clearly demonstrate chord relationships. The columns list out the chord families (major, dominant, minor, and diminished). The top row contains triads, and the lower rows are sequentially arranged to display chords created from these triads by the inclusion of a 7th, 6th, 9th, 11th, or 13th scale degree. Effectively, the grid page promotes contextual learning by presenting related chords in logical proximity to one another.
An enclosed CD contains a play-along track for each practice progression providing a tool for enhancing memory retention and playing skills. Guy's Grids is highly detailed, with each chord form showing the recommended fingering, and the chord tones and scale degrees being played on each string. Guy's Grids conveniently categorizes each chord by its usefulness, based on the sound quality and the ease of playing. The book also contains a special "Anchor Chords" section, listing all of the first chords to be learned by the beginning guitarist.
- Comprehensive presentation of guitar chord forms - including 2,000+ open and 700+ moveable chord forms
- Guy’s “grid” approach is ingenious, presenting chord forms in a logical column-and-row format – in a way that uniquely demonstrates important chord relationships
- Master chord theory as you learn new chords
- Use the grid context of a chord to enhance memory retention
- Visualize scale degrees on the fretboard while playing chord forms
Guy's Grids: More Than a Chordbook Specifications:
- ISBN-10: 0615312950
- ISBN-13: 978-0615312958
- Dimensions: 11" x 17"
- Weight: 13.6lb.
- Pages: 228