- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Written for both new users and veteran upgraders alike.
SONAR X1 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide is the most recent edition of the best-selling SONAR Power book series providing detailed training for Cakewalk's SONAR X1 music recording software. Written for both new users and veteran upgraders alike, SONAR X1 POWER! walks users through all of the features of the software with step-by-step instructions and exercises. New users will start at the beginning and learn everything they need to know to use SONAR for recording, editing, producing, mixing, and bringing their music to the masses. Upgraders will learn about all the new features in SONAR X1 as well as enhancements to existing features that may affect their current production workflow.
1. MIDI and Digital Audio Basics.
2. Getting Started with SONAR.
3. Customizing SONAR.
4. Working with Projects.
5. Getting Around in SONAR.
6. Recording and Playback.
7. Editing Basics.
8. Exploring the Editing Tools.
9. Composing with Loops.
10. Software Synthesis.
11. Exploring Effects.
12. Mixing it Down.
13. Making Sheet Music.
14. Studio Control with StudioWare and SysEx.
15. CAL 101.
16. Advanced CAL Techniques.
17. Take Your SONAR Project to CD.
Appendix A. Sample Project Roadmap - From Recording to Mixdown.
Appendix B. Backing up Your Project Files.
Appendix C. Producing for Multimedia and the Web.
Appendix D. SONAR Resources on the Web.
About the author
Scott R. Garrigus has been involved with music and computers since he was 12 years old. After graduating from high school, he went on to earn a B.A. in music performance with an emphasis in sound recording technology at UMass, Lowell. In 1993, he released his first instrumental album on cassette, entitled "Pieces Of Imagination." In 1995, he began his professional writing career when his first article appeared in Electronic Musician magazine. In 2000, he authored his first book, Cakewalk Power! This was the first book to deal exclusively with the Cakewalk Pro Audio, Guitar Studio, and Home Studio software applications. Since then he has authored a number of other books related to home recording and DAWs. Today, Garrigus continues to contribute articles to a number of print and online publications. He also publishes his own music technology e-zine, called DigiFreq, which provides free news, reviews, tips, and techniques for music technology and home recording users.
- Provides coverage of the latest version of Sonar, one of the most popular music software applications available.
- Targets beginning and intermediate readers who want to delve deeper into the many complex functionalities of Sonar.
- The book serves as a reference that can be used again and again, thanks to the detailed table of contents and the complete and well-organized index.
Sonar X1 Power Book Specifications:
- SONAR X1 Power!: The Comprehensive Guide, 1st Edition
Scott R. Garrigus
ISBN-10: 1435458508 ISBN-13: 9781435458505
608 Pages PB