Berklee Press Writer Producer Engineer - A Handbook for Creating Contemporary Commercial Music
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Tips from a pro.
Writers of commercial music are more in demand than ever before. The rules have changed in the past decade, and the contemporary writer needs a multifaceted skillset in order to succeed in business.
This book will help you master the three roles of the new job: writer, producer, and engineer. You will learn to set up a profitable business model for creating commercial music, providing your clients with music that fits their needs and budget, at today's quality standards. Whether your interest is in producing music for jingles, film scores, videogames, corporate presentations, or other commercial areas, this book will reveal how to set up shop, find work, and create music at today's demanding professional standards.
Michael Farquharson has been a writer, producer, engineer, studio owner, and bassist since the early 1970s. His credits include television and radio jingles, films, and many other types of media. In teaching at Berklee College of Music, he has helped hundreds of writer/producers develop their careers.
- Win more, better-paying writing gigs
- Develop a profitable business strategy for creating commercial music
- Take advantage of industry trends and new technologies
- Fulfill the professional standards for demos, promo kits, and final recordings
- Navigate recording studio technology, terminology, and techniques—in your home studio and at high-end professional studios
Order now and energize your music career.
Writer Producer Engineer - A Handbook for Creating Contemporary Commercial Music Specifications:
- ISBN 0-876390-53X