Berklee Press Music Notation - Preparing Scores And Parts
Music Theory & Ear Training Reference Materials
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Whether you notate music by hand or use computer software, this practical reference will show you today's best practices for how to render the details of your scores and parts. Improve your music's legibility and express your ideas clearly to get the best possible representation of your music.
Music Notation: Preparing Scores and Parts is used as a notation textbook by Berklee College of Music's Contemporary Writing and Production Department. It presents the definitive word in score and part preparation, based on contemporary publishing-industry practice.
He has composed soundtracks for films by the National Geographic Society, NASA, the US Postal Service, the Marriott Corporation, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and scored station ID and promotional packages for PBS as well as numerous local television and radio stations. He has provided music for the national advertising campaigns of Maybelline, Radio Shack, Subway Sub Shops, and United Way. He also composed scores to TV spots for the presidential campaigns of Bob Dole, Michael Dukakis, and George H.W. Bush. His music has appeared in a number of TV shows, including One Life to Live.
Nicholl has released several CDs of original compositions, including Windborne, featuring the Dallas Brass, and From Here to There with Grammy-winning bassist Eliot Wadopian. He has performed, presented clinics, and taught in North and South America, Europe, and Asia.
- Create scores that are easy to conduct and parts that are easy to perform
- Understand the unique practices and standards for handwritten vs. computer-generated scores, such as those by Finale and Sibelius
- Lay out scores with proper instrument order, measures per page, and common alignment practices
- Understand the publication standards for orchestral, big-band, vocal, and rhythm-section-based scores
- Use appropriate practices for different styles, such as pop, commercial, classical, and jazz
- Master the details of setting notation elements such as measure numbers, rehearsal markings, chord symbols, dynamics, lyrics, and many more
Order today and turn your scribbles into legible charts.
Music Notation - Preparing Scores And Parts Specifications:
- ISBN 978-0-87639-074-0