Berklee Press Jazz Ukulele: Comping, Soloing, Chord Melodies Book/Online Audio
Ukulele Sheet Music & Songbooks
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Play jazz ukulele! Learn the essential theory, concepts, and techniques to perform jazz. You™ll learn to understand and play jazz harmonies, tension substitutions, and principles for improvisation and accompanying other musicians. It includes traditional notation and tablature, and also introduces additional types of notation common in jazz. The accompanying online audio lets you hear the concepts and then practice them along with a jazz combo. By the end of the book, you will be able to play jazz ukulele in ensemble and solo settings. Abe Lagrimas, Jr. plays ukulele, drums, and vibraphone, and is an active ukulele instructor. Hailing from Waipahu, Hawaii, he shared the stage with many of the world' greatest ukulele players such as Jake Shimabukuro, James Hill, Bill Tapia, and Benny Chong. He studied at Berklee College of music.
You will learn to:
- Play jazz scales and harmonies, and understand the relationship between them
- Use effective fingering and strumming techniques
- Strum chordal accompaniments, and create comping patterns to accompany other musicians
- Improvise, creating solos that work well with the tune' harmonies
- Play emblematic jazz chord progressions, such as II V' and blues
- Perform either as a soloist or as part of a jazz combo