Plays and sounds like the real thing, but it's easy to move.
If you're tired of lugging your acoustic bass, the Yamaha Silent Electric Bass is for you. Its removable frame offers portability while providing natural feel and support. This 3/4-scale Yamaha bass can be played pizzicato or bowed for a full, rich tone. Its 3-ply body design eliminates unwanted feedback. Internal electronics let you simply plug in and play without external preamplification, and the Yamaha Silent Bass has dual piezo pickups (located under the bridge) to deliver optimum natural tone. Adjustable bridge and a pickup balance control let you tailor the feel and response to your individual needs. Yamaha built in headphone and line out jacks and an in jack for connecting CD or tape player to your Silent Bass.
- Plays and sounds like the real thing
- Headphone out lets you practice silently
- Easy to move
- 3/4 scale
- 3-ply body design eliminates unwanted feedback
- Frame provides natural feel and support and detaches easily for transport
- Internal electronics for plug and play without external preamplification
- Dual piezo pickups located under the bridge deliver optimum natural tone
- Adjustable bridge and a pickup balance control let you tailor the feel and response to your individual needs
- Headphone and line out jacks
Silent Electric Upright Bass Specifications:
- Battery Life (continuous use): Using manganese battery: approximately 12 hours; using alkaline battery: approximately 24 hours.
- Body: Spruce and Mahogany
- Bridge: Maple (height is adjustable).
- Connectors/Controls: AUX IN (with/level control); LINE OUT output jack for normal use (headphone); volume; tone control.
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frame Unit: Beechwood and aluminum frame.
- Neck: Maple
- Power Supply: Battery - one 9-volt or AD adapter.
- Sensors: Two (2) piezo pickups.
- String Length: 41.5" (1,054mm).
- Strings: Super Sensitive Supreme.
- Tail Piece: Ebony
- Tuning Pegs: Custom worm gear type.
- Weight: Approximately 2 lbs 3 oz. (10 kg).