Open Box (Blemished) Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI
(Olympic White 888365917658)
6+ String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The missing link between guitar and bass with authentic vintage-style and tons of low end.
Squier brings you the welcome return of a long-vanished Fender classic in the deeply satisfying form of the Vintage Modified Bass VI six-string bass that delivers excellent low end. Although it's called a six-string bass it has the feel of a baritone guitar without the extended neck. The strings aren't extra thick so it's a great transition from guitar. The original model of 1961-1975 has provided distinctively voiced low end for everyone from the Beatles to the Black Keys, Cream to the Cure, and many others.
The Vintage Modified Bass VI delivers authentically vintage-style look and tone, with a few modern touches such as a comfortable "modern C" neck profile and 9.5" fingerboard radius (the originals were 7.25"), and three custom Jaguar single-coil pickups with notched "claw" shielding rings (reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup).
Other features include the model's classic 30" scale (standard tuning one octave lower than a guitar), maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays, four two-position slider switches (on/off switch for each pickup and one bass-cut "strangle" tone circuit switch), tortoiseshell pickguard (three-ply white-black-white on Black model), two black plastic control knobs (master volume, master tone), and vintage-style six-saddle bridge with non-locking floating vibrato.
- Basswood body
- Gloss polyurethane body finish
- Maple neck
- Gloss polyurethane neck finish
- Modern "C" shape neck
- 30" Scale
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 21 Medium jumbo frets
- Synthetic bone string nut
- Pearloid block position inlays
- 4-Bolt Squier neck plate
- Custom Jaguar Single-Coil bridge pickup with claw
- Custom Jaguar Single-Coil reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup with claw
- Custom Jaguar Single-Coil neck pickup with claw
- Master Volume and Master Tone controls
- 3-On/Off slide switches (one for each pickup)
- SSS pickup configuration
- 2-Position slide switch for bass-cut "Strangle" circuit
- 6-Saddle vintage-style bridge with non-locking floating vibrato
- Chrome hardware finish
- Vintage-style tuning machines
- 3-Ply white pickguard
- Black plastic control knobs
- NPS strings, .025 to .095 Tuned E to E (1 Octave Down)
- White bound fingerboard with white pearloid block position inlays
Add some vintage sound to your setup today!
Vintage Modified Bass VI Specifications:
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)