NS Design NXT 4-String Electric Double BassProduct #423893 NS Design 423893 BU Electric Upright Bass https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
World-class design and craftsmanship in an surprisingly affordable price range.
The NXT Series Double Bass opens up a new horizon for the serious bassist looking to play a great instrument on a limited budget. These new instruments, crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of the renowned CR Series, exemplify flawless workmanship at an incredible value.
The NXT 4-String Electric Double Bass has a ¾ sized solid maple body and neck, and a graduated ebony fingerboard for a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto.
The on-board Polar Pickup System is an exciting new dimension in string instrument performance that offers powerful dynamics and rich full sound. Two separate mounted transducers beneath the adjustable bridge offer unlimited expressive potential. Each pickup is specialized for a specific task. A convenient switch gives you the choice to select a traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone. Equipped with single volume and tone controls, the passive electronics provide plenty of overhead for the ultimate sound without cumbersome batteries.
The NXT 4-string Double Basses can be strung with electric or traditional acoustic strings, allowing the player to select from a wide range of set-up options, each with a unique sound and feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, this versatile bass is adaptable to many different styles of music. Includes a self-supporting tripod stand with full adjustments for height and angle, and a padded gig bag that holds the stand and also has a pocket for a bow.
- 4-string acoustic-electric bass
- 3/4 size
- 41.73" (106 cm) scale length
- Solid maple body and neck
- Amberburst or black satin finishes
- 52" (132cm) body length
- Ebony fingerboard with asymmetrical relief
- Offset dot fingerboard inlays
- Fingerboard width: 1.7" (43.1mm) wide at nut; 89.0mm (3.5") maximum width
- Ebony nut
- Polar Pickup System
- Adjustable truss rod
- Rock maple bridge (dyed black); radius 3.1" (7.9cm); string spacing 3.14" (80 mm)
- Black hardware
- Fully encased worm gear tuners
- Designed to accommodate full-scale acoustic bass strings
- Made in Czech Republic
- Padded gig bag t holds stand and has a bow pocket
- Includes a fully adjustmentable tripod stand
- Optional endpin stand and shoulder strap system (sold separately)