NS Design NS NXT5 Omni Bass SunburstProduct #J03581 NS Design J03581 BU Electric Upright Bass https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An innovative upright packed with sound-shaping and performance features.
The NXT Series Double Bass opens up a new horizon for the serious bassist looking to play a great instrument on a limited budget. Available in four- and five-string configurations, these instruments are produced in the Czech Republic by the same craftsmen who build NS Design's renowned CR Series.
Pizzicato and arco techniques have almost unlimited expressive potential, thanks to the Polar Pickup System. A convenient switch allows selection of the traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone. Passive electronics deliver unlimited overhead for the ultimate sound without cumbersome batteries.
The NXT bass now incorporates NS Design's innovative JackPot potentiometer in its volume and tone controls. Conventional passive volume and tone controls work by siphoning a portion of the output signal to ground, and continue to hold back a portion of the pickup's signal even when turned up all the way. The JackPot incorporates a rotary switch that disengages the ground when turned fully clockwise, sending 100% of the instrument's signal to the amplifier. The result is a fuller, richer tone, with more power, detail, and overall intensity.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated ebony fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto.
NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS Double Basses, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NXT Series Bass is adaptable to many different styles of music.
The NXT bass brings world-class design and craftsmanship to a surprisingly affordable price range. With a visual appearance as striking as its sound, the roadworthy NXT is an exciting and reliable partner for the most demanding performance career.
- 5-string model
- Body/Neck: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body.
- Fingerboard: Hand-graduated ebony. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers
- Truss Rod: Single Action, accessible at nut.
- Tuning Hardware: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish.
- Polar Pickup: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to lateral string vibration, for bowing and for the percussive plucked response of a traditional acoustic instrument, or to vertical string vibration, for remarkable even and sustained plucked sound more like a guitar. A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- Electronics & Controls: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off).
- Cases Gig Bag standard: Nylon 137 cm (54") long; 8.2 kg (15 lb) loaded weight with handle and shoulder strap.
Enjoy the portablility and playing experience of this innovative upright. Order today.
NS NXT5 Omni Bass Specifications:
- Length: 132cm (52")
- Width: 15cm (6")
- Thickness: 10cm (4")
- Weight: 4.8kg (10.5lb.)
- Scale Length: 106 cm (41.73")
- Strings: 4 or 5 (Low B or high C)