Music Man Big Al BassProduct #501816 Music Man 501816 BAJ 4 String Electric Bass https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Wicked tone with 3 pickups and a 4-band EQ.
The Big Al electric bass from MusicMan features a high-gloss alder body, triple single-coil pickups with neodymium magnets, and 4-band EQ with active and passive modes. Tweak the Big Al's sound just the way you like it with its Tone, High/Low-Mid, and Treble/Bass knobs.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man chrome-plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 7-5/8" (19.4cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide
- Neck Width: 1-1/2" (38.1mm) at nut, 2-1/2" (63.5mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Pickups: Triple Single coil Neodymium magnets
- Size: 13-1/4"W x 44-1/4"H x 1-3/4"D
Order now and add the Big Al to your arsenal today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Music Man Big Al Bass:
Own the 4 SSS in white with tort guard. Have found it to be one of the most versatile basses I have ever played, and I am a lifelong musician. Jazz tones, P-tones, Stingray tones, there all here. The ability to shift from passive to active and back with not much change in volume (at center detente) is a real testiment to the quality and innovation that EBMM has been putting into its instruments.
Some have criticized the looks of this bass. I love it. Its great to play a unique looking instrument,and watch people's reaction to the sound. That's the real test -- how it plays, right? And it plays and feels fantastic. Great ergonomics, well balanced, no neck dive. Passive mode is pretty tame, well mannered, like a comfortable pair of jeans. Put put it in active mode, and crank the bass an low mids, and watch out for falling objects all around you. Highly recommended.