Mitchell MB300 Modern Rock Bass with Active EQ
4 String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Carved top body, modern profile neck and versatile electronics.
The Mitchell MB300 bass features a carved-top, sleek-curve basswood body and a modern-profile neck shape that is ideal for multi-genre players. An optional AAA quilt maple veneer provides the MB300 with a top-shelf look. The Deep Bevel Cutaway (also featured on Mitchell electric guitars) offers increased playing freedom across the entire fretboard. A 3-band active EQ provides up to 12dB boost or cut at 3 select frequencies for amazing tonal control for any style of music. Black nickel die-cast tuners and a high-mass bridge add to the premium appeal and tone.
All Mitchell basses receive a complete stateside setup and quality control inspection to ensure exceptional playability. Available in Black (BK), Transparent Red (TR) and Honeyburst with AAA quilt maple veneer top (QHB). Case sold separately.
• Carved-top basswood body with optional eye-catching AAA quilt maple veneer for superior looks
• One-piece maple neck with 24 jumbo frets that are ideal for any style of playing
• Deep beveled cutaway (DBC) design allows for complete fretboard access
• Standard split-single and single-coil paraffin-dipped alnico V pickups, featuring extra-large pole pieces, cover a wide array of musical genres
• Master volume, pickup blend, 3-band active EQ (+/-12 dB) for precise sound control
• High-mass adjustable bridge provides plenty of solid tone and sustain
• High-tensile strength fretwire for durability and smooth playability
- Shape: Shallow D
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Split-coil Alnico V
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Single-coil Alnico V
- Brand: Mitchell
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Black plastic
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood
- Top wood: (Quilt maple veneer on Honeyburst finish)
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, blend, 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: High-mass adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: High-ratio
- Color: Black nickel
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
Make more music with Mitchell. Order today.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Tone
- Fret Buzz
Comments about Mitchell MB300 Modern Rock Bass with Active EQ:
I've played guitar closed to twenty years and repair older guitars as a hobby. This is my first bass guitar and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
I like the tone I can get from it, with two pickups and three tone controls it has a lot of adjustment. The neck is nice and straight and has a nice feel to it. There was one fret that would buzz so I leveled the frets and did the basic setup and it plays great everywhere on the neck.
I am kind of picky though but now I have a good playing and sounding bass that I really like.