Lakland Skyline Hollowbody Bass(3-Tone Sunburst) Sku #517722000064000 Lakland 517722 BAJ 4 String Electric Bass https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Old-school tone with new-school playability and punch.
The Skyline Hollowbody results from the collaboration between master bass builder Michael Tobias and Lakland that led to the development of the original Hollowbody. This version features the same 2-piece construction and cavity dimensions as the US-made model giving it a similar thick and rich tone with fantastic definition. Adding to its classy, vintage vibe, a single f-hole recalls the model's acoustic instrument heritage.
The natural tone is complemented by a set of CS Series Chi-Sonic pickups. Dial in a wide array of sounds with the volume, tone, and 3-way toggle. From deep, authoritative notes reminiscent of an upright to aggressive and throaty sounds capable of cutting through as a solo voice, the Hollowbody is responsive, with a solid tonal center that many hollow basses lack.
Lakland luthiers now do their fret work using Plek technology to assure optimum playability. Plek is a CAD/CAM machine with scanning capability. It was developed to perform high-speed, highly accurate fret dressing, nut and bridge slotting and shaping, and engraving work. When used by an experienced luthier, the Plek machine produces necks with fretwork and action that equal the very best handwork and does it consistently.
- 2-piece body construction
- CS Series Chi-Sonic pickups
- Volume, tone, and 3-way toggle controls
- 34" scale length
- 20 frets
- Flat-sawn Canadian maple neck
- Carved mahogany back and sides, carved maple top
- Rosewood fingerboard
Refined quality and versatile function, plus a low price—this bass is meant for you! Order now!
Skyline Hollowbody Bass Specifications:
- Nut Width: 1.60"
- Width @ Final Fret: 2.42"
- Neck Depth @ 1st Fret: .800"
- Neck Depth @ 12th Fret: .890"
- Fingerboard Radius: 10"
- Scale Length: 34"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Canadian Maple
- Body Wood(s): Carved Mahogany Back & Sides, Carved Maple Top
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Lined Fretless Rosewood
- Tuners: Hipshot Licensed Ultra-Lites
- Truss Rod Access: At HeadStock w/Cover — 5/32" Hex
- Controls: Volume/Volume-Tone/Tone (Passive), Humbucker to Single coil toggle
- Bridge: Lakland Bridge (through bridge stringing only)
- Pickups: CS Series Chi-Sonic pickups