Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars Jazz Special Electric Bass GuitarProduct #423944 Kay Vintage Reissue Guitars 423944 BAJ 4 String Electric Bass https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A Vintage Reissue of the most coveted Kay model.
The Jazz Special Bass has a long scale semi-hollow body and features a single coil pickup, rosewood bridge and fingerboard. The Jazz Special Bass has been the most coveted Kay Model by collectors and is very rare. It was featured on the cover of McCartney's 45-rpm single "Jet" and again in the video "Ebony and Ivory" and was the bass used the band, The Sufaris", in the '60s to record the hit "Wipeout". This edition was developed and created by known luthier Roger Fritz.
Known for its subsonic low end and slim neck as well as its woody tone, the hollow body construction and exclusive bracing system make this bass ideal for live and studio use. The luncheonette countertop pickguard combined with the Kel-von-a-tor headstock gives the Jazz Special bass its avant-garde appeal.
The Kay Guitar Company has always been the major producer of guitars since 1890. Most players may not know that, in 1928, Kay was the first company to start production of electric guitars in the USA. From 1952 through 1964, The Kay Guitar Company excelled at producing quality professional electric guitars with unique designs and features. Includes case.
- Model Number: K5970
- Model name: Jazz Special
- Style: double-cutaway long scale semi-hollow body bass
- Scale length: 31-1/16"
- Finish: high gloss protective polyester polymer
- Colors: black (K5970BK), natural blonde (K5970B)
- Top: 3-ply curly maple
- Back: maple
- Binding: multi-ply black and white celluloid
- Headstock: Original gold "K" chevron displaying the 3-D raised "Kel-von-ator" style emblem. Truss rod cover has Roger Fritz signature.
- Neck: 1-piece maple
- Neck shape: low-profile full "C"
- Neck joint: dovetail
- Nut width: 1.5"
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: small dot
- Hardware: chrome
- Tuners: Wilkinson extra light with medium cloverleaf buttons
- Pickup: chrome single-coil Thin Twin Alnico V blade
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickguard (Black finish): Luncheonette countertop off-white with gold fiber strands
- Pickguard (Blonde finish): Celluloid simulated tortoise shell finish
- Bridge: rosewood, fixed adjustable
- Tailpiece: trapeze
- Case: vintage arched top wood hardshell
Order a bass that will take you back to the future!