A special design inspired by the legend himself, Paul McCartney.
The Hofner 500/1 violin bass was designed by Walter Hofner and launched at the Frankfurt Music Messe in 1956. It has since gone on to become one of the most recognizable electric bass guitars in the music world in terms of both looks and sound.
This special version was inspired by a bass made in August 1963 for Paul McCartney. It has a fully hollow body and original Hofner slim neck profile for added sustain and playability.
Includes a Hofner Vintage strap and Hofner case.
- Body Shape: Violin Bass
- Wood Top: Spruce
- Wood Back: Flame Maple
- Wood Sides: Flame Maple
- Binding Top: Black / White / Black
- Binding Back: Black / White / Black
- Binding Sides: White
- Neck Wood: Flame Maple
- Construction: Two Piece
- Headstock Shape: Hofner Violin Bass
- Logo and Artwork: Script
- Neck Joint: Violin Bass Set Neck, Joint At 16th Fret
- Thickness Neck + FB At 1st: Fret 21mm
- Thickness Neck + FB At 12th: Fret 24mm
- Heel Cap: White Pearl
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Scale: 30" / 76cm
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Width At 12th Fret: 48mm
- Inlays: Pearl Dots
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Type: Hofner Fretted
- Finish Top: Sunburst
- Body: Sunburst
- Neck: Sunburst
- Tuners: Strip Nickel
- Tuner Buttons: Plastic
- Tailpiece: Hofner Trapeze Nickel
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Pickguard: White Pearl
- Pickup Neck: Hofner Staple Nickel
- Pickup Bridge: Hofner Staple Nickel
- Potentiometer Knobs: Gold top
- Electrics: Hofner Pearl Panel
Get yours today!