Hofner Hofner 1961 Cavern Reissue Electric Violin Bass
4 String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A perfect replica of Paul McCartney's Hofner bass from 1961.
The 500/1 Violin Bass was developed by Walter H¶fner and in 1956, he presented it at the Frankfurt Musikmesse music trade show. Not only its design but also the unmistakable sound all contribute to the high recognition value of this classic. The same as it was 50 years ago, this instrument is manufactured in the H¶fner workshops in Hagenau by hand. All instruments from German production are delivered from the factory with flatwound strings that reproduce the original sound of the '60s.
The H¶fner 500/1 1961 derives its name from the Cavern Club in Liverpool which was opened in 1957. The Cavern Club was one of the most sought after performance opportunities in Europe for new bands of that BeatBoom era. In 1960, Ringo Starr played WITH Rory Storm and the Hurricanes. Even before the middle of 1961, the Beatles appeared as a representative of 'Merseybeat' scene in the spotlight of the Cavern Club.
The 1961 Cavern Reissue is a replica of the '61 model, which Paul McCartney bought in Hamburg.
- Shape: Violin Bass
- Wood Top: Spruce
- Soundhole: None
- Wood Back: Flame Maple
- Wood Sides: Flame Maple - 52mm
- Binding Top: Black / White / Black
- Binding Back: Black / White / Black
- Binding Sides: White
- Centerblock: None
- Wood: Flame Maple / Beech / Flame Maple
- Construction: Three Piece
- Headstock Shape: Hofner Violin Bass.
- Logo and Artwork: Vertical
- Neck Joint: Violin Bass Set Neck
- Joint At: 16th Fret
- Thickness Neck + FB At 1st Fret: 21mm
- Thickness Neck + FB At 12th Fret: 24mm
- Heel Cap: White Pearl
- Wood: Rosewood
- Scale: 30"/76cm
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Width At 12th Fret: 48mm
- Inlays: Pearl Dots
- Binding: None
- Side Dots: None
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Material: Ebony
- Type: Hofner Fretted
- Top: Sunburst
- Body: Sunburst
- Neck: Sunburst
- Tuners: Single Nickel "Rugby Ball"
- Tuner Buttons: Plastic
- Tailpiece: Hofner Trapeze Nickel
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Pickguard: White Pearl
- Pickup Neck: Hofner Diamond Nickel
- Pickup Middle: None
- Pickup Bridge: Hofner Diamond Nickel