A classic Hofner hollowbody with legendary tone.
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, double-bass-like amplified tone. Players love it for its playing ease and its tone--one of the smoothest, sweetest sounds in all of bassland.
Because the original became so scarce and expensive, popular demand compelled Hofner to re-create the Club Bass 500/2. Now this LTD version of the 500/2 offers the same instrument with changes that make it even closer to the original. The pickups have been repositioned to the original spacing for truer vintage tone and a hand-applied dark violin varnish gives it a more vintage vibe. Includes case.
- Select German spruce top, back, and sides from flamed maple
- Maple-beech-maple neck
- 30" scale length
- 22-fret bound rosewood fretboard
- Zero fret
- Mother-of-pearl dots
- Machine heads: Hofner 61/73B (4 individual)
- Hofner 72/20B ebony bridge with movable saddles
- Hofner 62/30 trapeze brass tailpiece
- Hofner 65/CB-P floating celluloid pearl pickguard
- 2 Hofner 511B "Staple" humbuckers with Cavern-era spacing
- Hofner A2-B control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, and rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Hand-applied dark violin varnish finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Includes case
The Hofner H500/2 replicates the legendary Club Bass of the '60s. Order today and play a classic.