A re-creation of the revered original.
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, double-bass-like amplified tone. Many players revere Hofner basses for their historical significance as well as for their smooth, sweet sound and playing ease that eludes most ordinary basses.
Because the original bass guitar had become so scarce and expensive, popular demand compelled Hofner to re-create the Club Bass 500/2. The new Hofner 500/2 Club Bass shares the feel, tone, and many features of the Hofner Vintage '63 but with a more traditional guitar body profile and a single cutaway. Includes case.
- Select German spruce top, back and sides from flamed maple
- Maple-beech-maple neck
- 22-fret bound rosewood fretboard
- Mother-of-pearl dots
- Machine heads: Hofner 61/73B (4 individual)
- Hofner 72/20B ebony bridge with movable saddles
- Hofner 62/30 trapeze brass tailpiece
- Hofner 65/CB-P floating celluloid pearl pickguard
- 2 Hofner 511B "Staple" humbuckers
- Hofner A2-B control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, and rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Antique-brown sunburst finish
- Includes case
Order this classic today.
500/2 Club Bass Guitar Specifications:
- Scale: 30" (76cm)
- Neck width at nut: 1-5/8" (42mm)