G&L Tribute M2000 GTB 4-String Electric Bass
(Gloss White Rosewood Fretboard)
4 String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A fully loaded bass that's dynamic enough for any style from the legendary Leo Fender.
Three decades ago, the G&L L-2000 bass served notice that company founder Leo Fender was ready to disrupt the status quo. The bold, brash L-2000 has always been an exhilarating experience for players with the skill to pull it off. Now the new M-2000 and M-2500 harness that power with a sonic palate that will surprise and delight new and die-hard G&L fans alike.
The M-2000 GTB packs all the innovations of the M-2000 into a bass that’s got a style all its own. With its Gloss White, black-bound carved basswood body and matching headstock, this bass has killer stage presence. But its sexy looks are just the beginning.
Leo’s MFD humbuckers have always been the heart of the iconic L-Series. In the all-new M-Series, these powerhouses are voiced to fully exploit a studio-quality 18v preamp system specially designed by G&L’s R&D wizard Paul Gagon. With an LF442 chip, 100v poly caps, 1% metal film resistors and big, fat signal traces on the mil-spec circuit board, this preamp reveals everything the player and the instrument have to offer.
And there’s even more:
• Primary volume and pan controls to explore the full range of sounds available between the two pickups
• 3-band EQ with peripherally placed, center-detent, reduced-diameter knobs
• An impeccable, familiar “feel” of the instrument in the hands and on the shoulder
• The return of the classic “C”-shape 1 5/8” neck, discontinued by G&L in the 1980s
For slapping, rolling back some highs and dialing up some lows, coupled with a mid-range boost, magnifies the intensity that Leo’s humbuckers are famous for. Need more definition for fingerstyle? Just bring up the treble and roll off the bass for a nuanced and detailed sound. Headroom? The new M-Series preamp harnesses the power of those meaty MFD humbuckers without a hint of clipping. The best tools are simple, intuitive and easy to use, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the new M-Series package. Truly, it’s the evolution of Leo’s revolution. Want to know more about the M-2000?
The best tools are simple, intuitive and easy to use, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the new M-Series package. Truly, it’s the evolution of Leo’s revolution. The Tribute Series M-2000 GTB packs all this goodness at a price attainable for every working musician.
Case sold separately.
- 34" Scale
- Two Leo Fender-designed / Paul Gagon-specified G&L MFD humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- Black bound Basswood body
- Hard-Rock Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard
- Medium C shape neck profile
- 22 Medium jumbo frets, nickel
- Traditional open-back tuning keys
- Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock bridge
- G&L M-spec 18v preamp, volume, pan, 3-band boost/cut EQ with center detents
- Case sold separately
Truly, it’s the evolution of Leo’s revolution.
Tribute M2000 GTB 4-String Electric Bass Specifications:
- Neck width at nut: 1-5/8"
- Neck radius: 12"