Fender Starcaster Electric Bass Aged Cherry Burst Maple FingerboardProduct #J01789 Fender J01789 BAJ 4 String Electric Bass https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A short-scale bass that's ideal for bassists with flair.
Fender introduces a new model of what is surely one of its rarest-ever instruments, the semi-hollow Starcaster Bass. Only a handful of prototype models appeared during the mid 1970s, unusually distinctive as the only offset semi-hollow bass guitar in Fender history (to say nothing of its two enormous humbucking pickups). After decades of virtually fabled status, the Starcaster Bass now reappears in electrifying Modern Player form with superior sound, build and beauty ideal for bassists with a flair for appealingly unconventional Fender style.
The Fender Starcaster Bass guitar's thin semi-hollow offset body has a bound maple top and back, with stylish bound f-holes. A short-scale bass (30"), it has a "C"-shaped maple neck topped by the distinctively curvaceous Starcaster headstock, and a 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and black-dot inlays. Other premium features include dual Fender Wide Range humbucking bass pickups with three-way toggle switching, four skirted "amp"-style control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup) and a four-saddle Fender Hi-Mass bridge.
- Thin semi-hollow offset body
- Bound maple top and back
- Stylish bound f-holes
- Short-scale bass 30"
- "C"-shaped maple neck
- 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- Black-dot inlays
- Curvaceous Starcaster headstock
- Dual Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups
- 3-way toggle switching
- 3-ply black pickguard
- Four skirted "amp"-style control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup)
Strap on somethng that'll stand out. Order today.
Starcaster Electric Bass Specifications:
- Body Material: Alder with Maple Top and Back
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Other
- Body Binding: Bound Top and Back
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 30" (762mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Bass
- Neck Pickup: Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Fender Hi-Mass
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)