- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
A classic with a smart new form and two humbucking pickups.
Throughout its history, Fender has always made a special point of welcoming new players to the family by offering entry-level instruments of remarkable style and substance (such as the Duo-Sonic, Mustang and Musicmaster models), with great sound, classic looks, solid performance and eminent affordability. The Modern Player Series continues that great "my-first-Fender" tradition, with thoroughly modern features and several distinctively unconventional new takes on our most revered instruments-all with outstandingly attainable value.
The Modern Player Jazz Bass is a volcanic new take on the time-honored Jazz Bass thanks to its dual Modern Player humbucking Jazz Bass pickups. Other features include an alder body, C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fretboard with 9.5" radius and 20 jumbo frets, three-ply pickguard, vintage-style four-saddle bridge with brass saddles, open-gear tuners and nickel/chrome hardware. Available in Three-color Sunburst, Olympic White and Black Transparent.
Case sold separately.
- Modern Player Series
- Jazz Bass body shape
- Alder body
- Gloss Polyester body finish
- Maple "C" Shape neck
- Gloss Polyester neck finish
- Rosewood fretboard
- Synthetic Bone string nut
- Pickups: Modern Player Humbucking Jazz Bass Pickup (Bridge)
- Modern Player Humbucking Jazz Bass Pickup (Middle)
- Controls: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone
- Nickel/Chrome Hardware:
- Open Gear Tuning Machines
- Vintage Style 4-Saddle Bridge with Brass Saddles
- Jazz Bass Knobs
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.105)
- Case sold separately
Great price, classic styling, and killer sound come together. Order today.
Modern Player Jazz Electric Bass Guitar Specifications:
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1cm)
- Frets: 20, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36cm)
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1mm)